Department of Library
“One best book is equal to hundred good friends, one good friend is equal to a library” –
Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam
P.Smitha is presently working as a Librarian in the Library Department from the past 4years in the Cauvery institute of Technolgy. She Obtained the Bachelor & Master Degree in Library of information Science from the Mysore University & M.A. in English from Mysore University. She had the 2years experience from the Secretariat Library of Vidhana Soudha Bangalore .
Sunandamma .C Working as a Assistant Librarian in our institution from the past 4years .she has finished her BA .Bachelor of arts in geography from the Bangalore university .
The total library Collections of 5250 Volumes Reference & Text With 820 titles
E – Resources
Subscribed following E-Resources package through Vtu Consortium as a digital library facilities and acess Provided across the Campus .
1. IEEE –IEL Online
2. Elsevier’s Science Direct
4. Taylor & Francis
5. ProQuest Technology
6. ProQuest Management
7. Knimbus Remote Acess
The Library Subscribes the 14 National Journals & 4 International Journals
Acclaimed print Journals , Magazines etc.
Automated library management system is in Place With Bar-code Interface activities.
Institutional Repository has been Created by Using Open Source Software C called Easy Lib.
Details of Library Facilities Provided For Students
National Journals -14
International Journals – 4
Titles – 820
Volumes – 5250
Easy Lib Software
In Digital Library 12 Pc is Provided for the students for the net faclility & Wifi is also Provided for the students.
Vendor: Sunrise Publishsers & Sapna Book House.
- Facility is also provided for the students in the college Website in Search of Books according to the Subjects of Different Authors & Publishers.
- This will serve the students to gain more information from these sources.
VTU Consortium: Here 8 website for Journals is Provided for the Paper Presentations. It helps the Students for Seminar also. The various addresses are:
- ASCE- (American Society of Civil Engineers): The ASCE is recognized globally for their significant contribution and dedication to the advancement of science and education in the civil engineering profession.
- Content: ASCE e-Journals Package (35 e-Journals) over 300 titles (2015 ) (Back file Access – since 1983)URL: http://ascelibrary.org/journals/all_journal_titles
Subject: Civil Engineering
- PROQUEST Technology:
- The collection contains engineering related full-text articles, granular access to millions of figures and tables within articles, and the entire range of bibliographic records from the Engineering Research Database.
- Engineering Research Database contains a comprehensive index to world literature on technological and engineering innovations going back to 1966.
- Subject: Engineering and Technology
- PROQUEST Management:
- This database is one of the most comprehensive business databases on the market.
- It includes in-depth coverage for thousands of publications, most of which are available in full text and the latest business and financial information for researchers at all levels.
- Subjects: Management
- ELSEVIER’s SCIENCE DIRECT
- Science Direct is the web based interface to the full-text database of Elsevier Science journals, one of the world’s largest providers of scientific, technical and medical (STM) literature.
- The Science Direct offers a rich electronic environment for research journals, bibliographic databases and reference works.
- The database offers more than 2,500 scientific, technical and medical peer-reviewed journals, over 75 million abstracts, over 9.65 million full-text scientific journal articles, connect with over 3,75,000 life sciences researchers and 2.75 million articles from 1994, an expanding suite of bibliographic databases and linking to another one million full-text articles via Cross Ref to other publishers’ platforms.
- Subjects: Science and Technology. URL: http://www.sciencedirect.com
- IEEE Xplore Digital Library
- The IEEE Xplore® digital library provides access to IEEE journals, transactions and letters.
- Content: IEEE- All Society Periodicals ePackage (ASPP) 275 e-Journals, 1000 eBooks, 6514 Conference proceedings, 3043 Technical Standards etc. (2015) (Back file Access – since 1872)
- Subjects: CS, EE, EC, Telecom. URL: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org
- Springer is a global publishing company that publishes books, e-books and peer-reviewed journals in science, technical and medical (STM) publishing.
- Content: (1400 e-Journals) ( 2015 ) (Back file Access – since 1997),(16000 Ebook ) on Engg. field (©2005 to 2014) Subjects: All Branches.URL: http://link.springer.com
- Knimbus stands for Knowledge Cloud and is a dedicated knowledge discovery and collaborative space for researchers and scholars.
- Content: 13000 open access journals and e books 1000
Subjects: All Branches. URL: http://www.knimbus.com
- Taylor & Frances
- T&F Group partners with researchers, scholarly societies, universities, and libraries worldwide to bring knowledge to life. As one of the world’s leading publishers of scholarly journals, books, eBooks, reference works, and databases, our content spans all areas of the humanities, social sciences, behavioral sciences, science, technology, and medicine.
- Content: 240 Journals.Subjects: All Engg Braches URL: www.tandfonline.com